Saturday, November 24, 2012

Transforming dollar store finds..........

It`s amazing what you can find at the dollar store...........you just need a little vision...
Today I transformed this...


Into this......


A pretty vintage tray adorned with the cutest French New Year image................

And, not only is it a tray..........it`s also magnetic so can be used as a memo board!.........So cool


I will be listing some of these in my store shortly, probably more generic and not geared specifically to the holidays.........if anyone`s interested in pre-ordering some just let me know.



vif187
My other dollar store find was this pretty plate, I failed to take a before picture but basically it was a plain ivory dinner plate with some beading design, which is what drew me to it.

I thought this image was perfect for it..........
I then raided some of my Christmas berries (fake of course), added a couple of my 1930`s wax flowers and some vintage seam binding......simple beauty....

I went back to the dollar store today to get some more, silly me only bought one, but alas they are gone.......

Have a great week end!




2 comments:

  1. Those trays from the dollar store are the most useful things. I have them in my display cases for smaller items. Love what you did to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna!
      Also thank you so much for the blogging tips....I`m working on them and did manage to list on Shabby Art Boutique Friday party.

      Delete