Friday, November 30, 2012

Simple vintage wreath project...........

Mondays and Thursdays are the days that our local thrift store, the Manna House, opens for a few hours........
Yesterday I went down there to take a break from filling Ebay orders. I had been on Monday and there was not really anything there but who knows?

I did pick up a few items that I wanted to share with you and show you an easy project I did with one of them...........

For 25 cents each I bought these 2 glass cloches, at least that`s what I think they are, and that`s definitely what I use them for.........however the thrift store always has them in the lighting section so I`m not really sure..



I also picked up the silver tray they are sitting on......it has a good weight to it and sits on little feet.
I did have to polish it some and it was $4 which is a little `pricey` for the Manna House.....Still, I do like it and can use it for many different displays...


My other purchase was 2 boxes of vintage Coby glass ornaments, at $1 a box I could not pass them up even though I have soooo many vintage ornaments..........



......When I got home I felt `crafty` so got to work on a project using one of the boxes of pink and red flocked ornaments...........


I gathered up some pink seam binding, an embroidery hoop I had in my sewing box and my hot glue gun.........
First I covered the wooden hoop with the seam binding...




Then I simply hot glued the ornaments to the hoop and the one beside it.........That is how the back looks, you cannot see the hoop from the front but if you hang it on a mirror you may so I needed the back to be pretty too.

When I got to the end I had a space too small for a ball but fortunately I had a small vintage bell in the same color scheme..........it fitted perfectly...


Now what to hang it from.....hmmm...


I went with the lace and also added a vintage plastic cupcake pick I had in my possession.......


Voila!........A cute little wreath small enough to hang in so many nooks and crannies to add a vintage Christmas cheer.......





I think with the colors and design on the ornaments it will be perfect for Valentines too!
















Sharing this post with



vif187


1 comment:

  1. Hi Valerie!
    I know this is an older post, but I linked to your blog from ebay (I subscribe to your 'new items' notifications) and was browsing through your posts. Your stuff so pretty! I just wanted to let you know that I think those are hurricane candle holders, you stick the 'stem' into candlestick holders(there's usually a rubber thing around the stem to hold it steady) and put a pillar candle inside. But I really like how you are using them as cloches - so cute! And I LOVE that vintage Christmas ball wreath! I also collect them - one dollar a box is a screamin' deal! (o; Mary marooter@juno.com

    ReplyDelete